Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Another update on Christina ~

We finally got a date set up at the Children's Hospital in Portland for Christina. It is currently set up for AUG 17th, 2009 at 1:10 p.m. I was pretty upset that they wouldn't get her in sooner! They said that the doctors didn't deem it nessessary to see her right away after looking over her file. I asked them, "What needs to happen for you to see her sooner? Does she need to be dying? Waiting that long, who knows what could happen between now and then!" I was told that our doctor would have to call there and talk to their doctor and talk in detail about Christina's case so they could get more information, and our doctor tell them that she thinks it is nessessary to get Christina in ASAP, or as they said, "URGENT!" I had said that my doctor sent an URGENT order with the files when they were sent to them. The lady couldn't give me any other information. So...This Thursday we are going back into our doctor here to talk to her about it and see what she can do to get her in sooner than that. So I will let everyone know once we get word.
As for Christina and her high school this year...She has missed over 3/4th of this year, but passed all but her P.E. 1st semester, and so far had to drop her Spanish and P.E. second semester, and is currently passing 3 of her 5 classes. She still has to take her finals for 2 more classes, then we will see how those go! I am just impressed that she has passed anything all year without being at school. I got a tudor about 2 months ago, and that is why I think she is passing most this semester. She hasnt been to school for the last 1 1/2 months, and went only 1-2 days before that, then was out another month before that. I think she has only been to school a total of maybe 10 days this whole 2nd semester.
Anyways...Thanks for the prayers and support from everyone! Keep those prayers coming! ~

No comments: